Hibret Amharic And Cultural School Society ( HAACSS ), provides lessons on the following three main topics.
AMHARIC LANGUAGE CLASS:
Amharic is one of Ethiopia’s major languages. In this class students will learn :
- The basics of Ethiopian alphabet ( Fidel )
- To develop their vocabulary and reading skills
- Grammatical patterns and sentence construction
- Through individual and group activities, students will work on improving pronunciation, practicing conversation strategies.
This class is scheduled once a month, and it is entertaining , educational and delicious too.
In this class students will:
- be provided recipes ,and together with the instructor prepare a meal from start to finish. Students are then offered samples of each dish that is prepared to experience the flavours and aromas of their work.
- be introduce to the various types of Ethiopian cooking species
- learn the Amharic names of the ingredients used in the process and develop their Amharic conversation skills and the notion working together.
TRADITIONAL MUSIC AND DANCING CLASSES:
Ethiopia is the home to several ethnic groups with a variety of musical instruments and dancing style. In this class students will be :
- Introduced to the most common traditional dance forms and musical instruments.
- Encouraged to participate in various dance activities, playing musical instruments.
- Motivated to actively take a part in preparing concerts and talent shows.